Golf Tips and Golf News

News, Views and Reviews about the sport of Golf.

Before you write in to complain, the post title doesn't contain a grammer mistake...read on!

Normally when I notice the words 'Tiger', 'golf' and 'car' in the news, I ignore whatever the report might be, assuming that it will be something about the world's top ranked golfer and his rocky personal life. Tdoay, however, I kept reading beyond the headline and realised that what I had found was nothing to do with Mr. Woods whatsoever! The news was, however, slightly amusing and related enough that I thought I'd share it with you anyway.

If you're like me, you'll have little interest in American sports beyond the various golf the country plays. Even so, you might recognise the name Jim Leyland - the manager of the Detroit Tigers baseball team. Apparently the ex-catcher had his toe run over by a golf cart driven by coach Gene Lamont (whoever that is). A trainer from the team has reported that they assume it's broken, although it hasn't been X-rayed.

It goes to show; they may look small and pretty harmless, but those golf carts can do some serious damage! I, for one, still prefer to walk around the course - it's what attracted me to the game in the first place. I won't pretend I haven't had some close shaves though... Now I'm going to be extra careful!



(This one would break more than your toe!)



edit post

0 Reply to "Tigers' Manager's Toe Broken By Golf Cart"

Post a Comment