Golf Tips and Golf News

News, Views and Reviews about the sport of Golf.

For the first time since starting out of the Ladies European Tour, Russia's Maria Verchenova has finished top of the leaderboard, signing for a 67 at the Lalla Meryem Cup in Morocco. “How did she do it?” I hear you cry...perhaps the key to her success is in what she’s been doing when not playing golf at all...

Over the winter months, the Russian hasn’t huddled from the cold like us mortals; she’s being out running six days a week and even lifting weights to stay in shape! “I was keeping myself fit through the whole winter and going to the gym and preparing to play so I felt I was going to be pretty close” she explained, as if it was no particularly big deal. I’ll be honest; I never considered running half a dozen times a week would help my golf...maybe I was wrong!



As if a strict winter fitness routine wasn’t enough, Verchenova also found time to design her own range of golf clothing! Apparently the range is inspired by women’s tennis...so it should be interesting to see how it goes down on the golf course! She says her golf clothes “will come out really soon in about two months or so and it's going to be really young and fashionable and bright colours for really young girls... Hopefully the first year I will just wear it and show it and the next year we will try to sell it.”

I think it’s safe to say we‘re all looking forward to seeing what she has in store.



edit post

0 Reply to "Maria Verchenova: Running, Weights and Golf Clothing"

Post a Comment