Golf Tips and Golf News

News, Views and Reviews about the sport of Golf.

In what some might call a thoughtless act of self-indulgence in the middle of a global recession, Prince Andrew has built his own golf course…in his garden. Complete with nine holes and a driving range, the course is spread over half an acre of land at the Royal Lodge and gives the Price somewhere to practice his passion. In fact, this little investment may help people forget about the fact that he was once accused of wasting taxpayers’ money flying all over the country to play golf; I’m not sure whether this particular extravagance is going to go down any better though!



Perhaps I’m just jealous because I would like a nine-hole golf course and driving range in my back garden. Or maybe I’m jealous because I don’t even have a garden to put a nine hole golf course in, even if I could have one! The chances are that my frustration is probably more to do with the fact that I’m not entirely sure what the Duke of York does that means he deserves any of this!



edit post

0 Reply to "The Grand Old Duke of York?"

Post a Comment