Golf Tips and Golf News

News, Views and Reviews about the sport of Golf.



Overnight rains have saturated Annandale Golf Club, making the course unplayable and delaying the start of the first round of the Viking Classic PGA Tour – either the best or worse named of all tours, I can’t decide. Of course it’s named after its sponsor, Viking Range Corporation, but even so it’s about the least ‘golfing’ name possible! I mean, I love golf even more than I love my wife, but even I can’t imagine a Viking wielding a set of clubs, let alone fitting into most golf clothes… Do they make golf clothes out of oxen hide? Come to think about it, I can’t imagine a Viking being too bothered about kitchen appliances either – so it’s a bad name all around!

Anyway, the point of the matter is that Ricky Barnes will have to wait until Friday to commence winning the $3,700,000 purse offered by the Viking. Unless of course, Mr. Flesch has anything to say about it – it’s a tough on to call for sure. To be honest, with 80% chance of rain on Friday, it’s not even looking likely that it’ll get underway by the weekend! Still, we can only hope.



edit post

0 Reply to "Viking Classic Delayed"

Post a Comment