Golf Tips and Golf News

News, Views and Reviews about the sport of Golf.

Doug Barron has been suspended from golf for a year by the PGA Tour after failing a drugs test, making him him the first player to be banned under the Tour’s anti-doping programme, which it launched last July . The 40 year old apologised for his offence and for “any negative perception of the Tour or its players resulting from my suspension”.

He went on to declare, “I did not intend to gain an unfair competitive advantage or enhance my performance while on Tour”, though I find that fairly hard to believe. I mean, why else would you take performance enhancing drugs if not to enhance your performance? To be fair on Doug, the PGA Tour hasn’t revealed what the drug was, or even if it was a performance-enhancer. So, in effect, the poor guy could have been banned simply for getting stoned the night before.

Still, there is rarely a good reason to cheat to win. Having said that, looking at the way Doug Barron’s career has been going lately...I can’t say I blame him if he did!




No need for golf clothes: how else could Doug Barron maintain his athletic physique, if not with the help of performance enhancing drugs?



edit post

0 Reply to "Barron Banned"

Post a Comment