Golf Tips and Golf News

News, Views and Reviews about the sport of Golf.

Dear Golf Lovers,

I’m sure I’m not alone when I say this: what the hell is Irish Supreme Court thinking, ruling that Portmarnock Golf Club can continue preventing women applying for memberships, on the ground that the club’s “principal purpose is to cater only for the needs of persons of a particular gender”?

Have the last hundred years just passed by unnoticed in Portmarnock? Who do they think they are (club or court, it doesn’t matter) to declare our fine sport to be one that caters for the needs of men only? Do women not play golf? Is there not a huge women’s golf tournament going on as I write this very post? Is Lorena Ochoa a purely fictional character? What is this nonsense?!



I want to know what is so special about that Portmarnock Golf Club that it is specifically designed to cater for male needs... In fact, philosophically speaking, I want to know what a court of law can conceivably hold to be the needs of men, which are not also the needs of women. Actually, I take that back; spare me the details and just explain to me what the hell is going on, because I’m half expecting them to start making national male-only holidays next! (Not that I’d complain as loudly if they did...)



edit post

0 Reply to "Can Anybody Help Me Understand...."

Post a Comment