Golf Tips and Golf News

News, Views and Reviews about the sport of Golf.

Having agreed with Tiger Woods that China will become something of a golfing super-power within the next dozen years, Phil Mickelson is now planning to open a golf academy in Kunming to help develop the sport in the country. He also plans to create a par-3 golf course for children, to help develop the sport at a grassroots level, as well as having his instructional book translated into Mandarin.

Mickelson declared, "This is a tremendous opportunity to help develop the game in the largest emerging market in the world” which, to you and I, means something along the lines of “Golf is now an Olympic sport, which means that China will invest lots of time and money into making sure they’re really good at it. Hence, I’m cashing in early by making sure I establish my golf course and academy in time for the forthcoming boom in popularity”. I can’t say I blame him, though I am cynically waiting for the Mickelson brands of golf clothing, golf clubs and various accessories to appear in the Asian market…



"I'M GONNA BE RICH!" - direct quote from Phil Mickelson ;)



edit post

0 Reply to "Phil Mickelson Invests In China"

Post a Comment